626 Locust Street
Hours: Monday – Friday
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Hours Subject to Change
- Meals served Monday – Friday @ 11:45 a.m.
- Reservations required 1 day prior, before 11 a.m.
- Meal delivery available for homebound Seniors
- Wal-Mart Trips – every other Tuesday
- Flexibility, Stability, Mobility Classes
- Craft Sessions
- Rides to Dr. Appointments with advance notice
- 3rd Monday of the month Blood Pressure Clinic and Community Classroom Education
Reading Buddy Program
- Volunteers (age 55+) will be paired with Elementary Students for one on one reading time.
- Volunteers serve one hour per week or more.
- This program improves reading skills, affects self-esteem, classroom behavior, library use, and overall academic performance.
- Call Terri Martin at (712) 328-2540 ext. 1056
Nursing Home Volunteer Opportunities
- Visit with residents in need of social contact and interactions.
- Volunteers participate in meaningful activities and spend time visiting one-on-one.
- Volunteer Ombudsmen visit with residents in a long-term care facility about the quality of their lives, the care they receive and seek to resolve any concerns.
- These unique and rewarding opportunities require a minimum commitment of three hours per month.
Meals and Wheels Volunteers Needed
Volunteers deliver hot meals to homebound residents
- Volunteers check on the individual’s well-being
- Meals are picked up 10 - 10:30 a.m.
- The delivery route takes 1-1.5 hours.
- Volunteers serve every day, once a week, once a month or as often as they choose.
- Call (800) 432-9209 to Volunteer